Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Running out of time...

I have always wanted to be an independent woman, have a decent job and no matter what might happen to know that I can rely on my own forces. To most degrees I believed I have achieved all that, but sometimes I wonder - at what price? Having a full-time job and acting 'responsible' in so many ways took away the time for other things that make me happy but don't really pay.
How can someone travel and see the world when he/she has to work 40+ hours a day? Not to mention certain time-consuming hobbies such as writing, painting, reading that the working person has to give up to certain extent in favor of money-making activities.
One might say, 'well, if you have talent, and you truly want it, you will find a way.' Maybe for some people is true; but for someone like me, who needs a minimum of eight hours of sleep at night, does groceries and watches for a dog, the time just isn't there anymore.
Thus I wonder - sometimes - how it would be not to have to work (for money in particular) and just enjoy doing the things that make me happy. Even though I do love my job I often feel it's just not enough.
But since I do have to wake up early and take care of so many things during the day, in the end, I do not have that much time to think of such things. Sometimes even thinking becomes the luxury of people who have enough time...

1 comment:

  1. This is where you set a security key or phone prompts. Before doing anything, back up your data as your data is safe if you cannot access your account.........Gmail Bellen

    ReplyDelete